When you begin to plan a wedding, certain questions you might have never needed to ask before begin to come up. For instance, you might begin to wonder, how much does a wedding photographer cost? How much is catering, decorations, venues even?
Well, on average, wedding photographer costs take up to 10 to 15% of the wedding budget for most couples. While this may sound like a mot, you must take into account the importance of quality photos. Your wedding will last for a day, but with pictures you can keep those memories for a lifetime. Reading this guideline can give you an idea of what to expect, and also what measures you can take to not break the bank on wedding photography expenses.
Important Things to Know Before Hiring Wedding Photography
Even when you are sure about how much do wedding photographers cost, there are a few important details you should confirm before hiring a photography service for your wedding.
- Personality – In business relationship is very important, and if you hire a photographer whose personality clashes with yours, you will have a difficult time together. Plus, you might end up with photographic results much unlike what you pictured you would get. So try to spend sometime with this agency, see how they work, check their website and social media as well as the feedback they have received from customers in the past.
- Style – Every photographer has their very own style; at least the professionals do. So it’s definitely worth it to ask and find out if they have a style similar to what you have in mind. Do you want artistic pictures or more enjoy classic photography? Take time for your research and compare the different options available to you.
- Quality – The last but not least factor is quality. You are spending good money on this, plus these photos are meant to capture the most important day in your life. Quality is key and definitely something worth checking out in a wedding photography service.
What Do You Really Need in a Photography Package?
- A bundled price for your engagement session and wedding day: This is a cost saver. Using the same service for both events and paying a flat fee across board can help you retain the same quality and at a cheaper price.
- Retouched digital files: Being of the digital age, you might want the digital copies of your photos, of course with printing rights. This way you can reprint in the future if anything goes wrong with the hard copies.
- Timeline for your wedding photography: The full wedding photography package usually runs up to 8 hours. This can be more or less depending on how much you are willing to spend. According to the amount of hours, costs can range anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000.
- Number of Photographers. Most couples hire one or two photographers. Your budget as well as your desired result will play a big part in determining this. To get two different perspectives of the entire event, you might need two photographers.
Wedding Photographer Cost: What to Expect
The average price for wedding photographers depends a lot on where your wedding will be located. These services are usually more expensive in big cities than in small ones. If you’re having a destination wedding out of country, the price could vary a lot too.
Snapknot puts the average wedding photographers prices at $2,814. However, in cities like New York and San Francisco, the prices are closer to $4,000 and in in Salt Lake City, UT it’s about $2,200. Therefore, you can expect for full packages to range from $2,000 to even $10,000, depending on the expectations placed on the photographer.
Finding out the average cost of wedding photographer just takes a bit of research in your area or in the location where you intend to have your wedding. If you’re working with a tight budget, you could filter your search by price and assess the options you find within that price range. Either way, having an idea before hand should help with your decision on wedding photographer cost, and we hope that we have been able to do just that.