Weddings are getting trendier than ever. Couples don’t just want to say “I Do”—they want to say it in the most fashionable and stylish way possible. After all, a couple’s wedding day generally happens only once in their lifetime, and it’s also considered as one of the biggest days of anybody’s life.
Although wedding trends have evolved continuously to keep up with recent trends and styles, there’s one thing that has remained constant: the wedding ring. What started as an ordinary symbol of unity and love, as the history of wedding rings dictate, has now become one of the most expensive and sentimental pieces of jewelry that any man or woman will ever wear. There seems to be no wedding without a ring, and the extravagance or simplicity of these rings is also showcased through the wedding photographs.
That said, here’s everything you need to know about the most popular wedding ring design, and how it can be beautifully photographed in a wedding.
What’s The Most Popular Wedding Ring Design?
The most popular wedding ring design today still remains the classic diamond-encrusted eternity ring. This ring is that plain wedding band that comes in white gold, yellow gold, or even rose gold. Instead of wearing it plainly, diamonds are engraved all over the ring, like an eternity band. The cut and the setting of the diamonds have different styles to conform with the personality of the couple. Some couples like to have their diamonds engraved around in a circle-shaped stone, while others want to have square-shaped diamonds.
This ring is a favorite for many reasons:
- First, it’s a classic. Most couples who are getting married opt to choose a classic wedding ring. After all, this is a piece of jewelry that they’re going to wear for the rest of their lives. You wouldn’t want to be stuck wearing a ring that is no longer stylish simply because you focused too much about how it was a trend during the time you got married.
- Second, it becomes an heirloom piece that couples can hand down to their children when they’re too old to keep on wearing their ring. Because it is a classic, it doesn’t go out of style.
- Third, it works best both for men and women. Hence, both the bride and groom stay equally comfortable wearing their respective rings.
- Fourth, it’s elegant and classy, so it can go with whatever you’re wearing during the day, and in whatever season as well.
How Can The Wedding Ring Be Photographed Beautifully?
Taking beautiful photographs of wedding rings can be tricky, especially with their sheen and with size. But if you intend to do this for a living, it’s a skill that you’ll have to master. The good news is that there are many ways, some easier than others, for you to take beautiful photos of your wedding rings.
Here are some tips and tricks for you to achieve that:
- Use macro lens, as these are perfect for taking photos of small objects up-close. While it may be expensive to purchase upfront, this is an investment that you have to consider buying if you’re serious about including wedding rings as a part of your photography portfolio. If buying one is out of the budget right now, you can choose to rent one instead.
- Use flowers as a backdrop. Photographers tend to overdo this style of taking pictures of wedding rings, but it still stands as one of the most beautiful and elegant ways to do so. Plus, the bride and groom spent a lot of money on those flowers, so what better way to showcase their beauty than to include it as a part of the wedding ring photos.
- Use manual photo settings. Because you’re taking photos of something so delicate, detailed, and beautiful, this isn’t the place for you to go on auto-mode.
- Play around with lights and water. If there is rain on the wedding day, use the raindrops to your advantage by setting the wedding ring against them. The water crystals can add a perfect contrast to the diamonds of the wedding ring.
Wedding rings are the ultimate symbol of love, marriage, and unity. The classic diamond-encrusted eternity ring still is, and will always be, a classic—and the most popular one at that. Hence, you can’t go wrong in choosing that for your wedding. With these tips on how to photograph your wedding ring, you can rest assured that you will have photos of a memorable event that can last a lifetime.