Are Wedding Fairs Useful..
Wedding planning articles and tips to help you plan your special day. Discover a wealth of tips to help you start planning your wedding and have a perfect wedding day.
Are Wedding Fairs Useful..
Author : Wedding Photography Select
Article Date : 14 Apr 2015
When you get engaged, everything changes. Suddenly you are thrust into a new world of dress fittings, venue visits, cake tastings and late night budgeting sessions as you set about planning your perfect day. Luckily, there is a massive (and extremely well organised) wedding industry waiting in the wings, ready to showcase its wares and help with every decision, big or small. And this industry thrives at wedding fairs.
You may have gone through your entire life without ever even hearing about a wedding fair, but that all changes once you are officially betrothed. Wedding fairs are everywhere, traversing the country in an endless loop - in an effort to reach every single bride and groom-to-be. But are they actually useful? Before you set off for your first, second or tenth wedding fair, weigh up these pros and cons.
1. They are great for inspiration!In the early days of your engagement, the chances are you won't have the first idea of what you want your wedding day to look like. Wedding fairs are bursting with trends and inspiration for your big day, offering you a chance to visualise dozens of different ideas.
2. They can help you get organised!There is a lot of planning involved in a wedding, and it's natural to feel overwhelmed at first. Even if you have been planning your dream day since you were 5 years old, you are bound to miss something. Use your day at the wedding fair as a chance to put together an extended 'to do' list.
3. They are great for a few freebies!Wedding fair vendors will stop at nothing to secure your custom, so you will be inundated with free samples, discount vouchers, competition entries and complimentary bubbly. Make the most of it!
1. They are time consumingExpect to spend a whole day at a wedding fair. If it is a weekend event, prepare to return for a second day to take advantage of an exclusive new offer or a one-time-only seminar. Wear comfortable shoes, many fairs take place over a sprawling expanse of indoor and outdoor space.
2. They will encourage you to expand your budgetThe wedding industry has some of the best salespeople in the world and they are experts at separating the newly-betrothed from their money. You will be offered all sorts of incentives and deals to encourage you to lay down a deposit right there and then. And even if you resist the sales pitch, you are unlikely to leave the fair without at least one (expensive) new idea for your wedding day.
3. They will follow up with youIf you register to attend a wedding fair, you can expect to receive emails, phone calls and mail-outs from vendors, venues and service providers for many months to come. You may leave the wedding fair, but the wedding fair will never leave you.