Wedding Planning Tips. Andrew + Kate Chandler
Location : Newcastle Upon Tyne
Wedding Photographer Website : Duncan McCall
Ceremony Location : Blackfriars Restaurant
Reception : Blackfriars Restaurant
Wedding Date : Saturday 21st June 2014
Wedding Planning Tips
1. Choose your venue first. This will influence and help you choose everything else by helping to give you a theme, for example a vintage wedding may not look right in a modern hotel.
2. Meet a few photographers before choosing the one, find one you have a good rapport with and that you feel most comfortable and relaxed around.
3. Relax! Chances are you've made a bigger fool of yourself in front of your loved ones at some point before so you have nothing to worry about when it comes to getting up in front of them!
4. Buy a wedding planner (a note book to help you keep track of things). This will help you make sure you don't miss any important deadlines or you don't lose any contacts for your suppliers.
5. Don't let too many people influence you on your decisions. Too many ideas can leave you confused and end up straying away from your original plans.
6. Get to know your venue! Visit it a few times before the day and get to know the people who will be responsible for your big day!
7. Remember that you're there to please yourselves and not everybody else. Don't worry about not inviting a long lost relative, it's your day!
8. Be as organised as you can in the weeks leading up to your wedding so that nothing is left to chance on the big day. This way you won't have to worry about anything and you can relax and enjoy yourself!
9. Don't worry about breaking from tradition - just because it's a nice day for a white wedding doesn't mean to say you have to!
10. It will be over in the blink of an eye on the day, so make sure you enjoy every moment!
We chose Duncan McCall as our wedding photographer for the day, we booked him a year before our date. We knew that good wedding photographers can be booked up quite quickly.
We chose Duncan as he was such a nice guy who put us at ease, and it was evident from his portfolio that he was extremely talented! It was difficult to put into words how we felt the first time we saw the images, however they were better than we could have ever hoped for.
When choosing a wedding photographer make sure you meet with a few photographers and find a one that is on your wavelength! There is a lot more out there than the old fashioned family photos.
We got married at Blackfriars Restaurant in Newcastle Upon Tyne. It had the beauty of a church wedding, but allowed us to have the wedding and reception all in one place, as well as some amazing food! The day went perfectly as the staff had weddings down to a fine art, leaving us with nothing to worry about on the day. The service was excellent and very personal.
Wedding Dress DetailsWhite Rose lace fishtail sleeveless dress, bought from Truly Madly Deeply in Monkseaton
Wedding Shoes DetailsBHS lace bridal court shoes.
Wedding Flowers DetailsKatherine's Florists in Newcastle, floral displays and table dressings for the venue and bouquets and buttonholes for the bridal party. Ivory, cream and dusky rose arrangements, made up of roses and a lot of foliage.
More Wedding Planning TipsSign Up To Our Newsletter For Regular Wedding Planning Tips