Wedding Planning Tips. Stacey + Jon Neal
Location : Lichfield
Wedding Photographer Website : Elen Studio Wedding Photography
Ceremony Location : Oat Barn, Packington Moor
Reception : Oat Barn, Packington Moor
Wedding Date : 27th March 2015
Wedding Planning Tips
1. Start planning straight away, it soon creeps up on you and there is lots to do.
2. Choose a beautiful venue, you can go budget on other things if you have a lovely venue, it doesn't work the other way round!
3. Plan it how you want it, don't try to please everyone else, it's your wedding day.
4. Ask a friend or relative to make the cake, perhaps as their gift, my sister did mine.
5. Try to pay a big deposit against the venue early on. You will be grateful you did as it gets closer to the day.
6. Don't give guests a menu choice. Its too stressful and time consuming, just choose a dish most will like and a vegetarian option.
We booked our wedding photographer 4 months before the wedding and paid a decent deposit straight away. We booked quite late really, we would advise booking as soon as you can.
Our wedding photographer was Elen Studio Photography (elenstudiophotography.com), we met her when she did our sons newborn photo shoot and loved the style of her photos and just wanted to have her shoot our wedding to.
Elen is a lovely lady and her images are very natural, not staged with clever editing. We went with something we liked, that's very important.
Choose a wedding photographer that will allow you the rights to print your images and the option of returning for an album at a later date. It needs to be someone you are comfortable around, so we also advise meeting them before booking them.
Our venue was the Oat Barn at Packington Moor, Lichfield. It is a beautiful rustic barn with exposed beams, brick and large windows, set in a rural backdrop. They event manage the whole day and it ran seamlessly. We had a civil ceremony in the barn on the 27th March 2015 and it was a wonderful wedding.
Wedding Dress DetailsMy dress was from Serendipidy in Littleover, it was made from lace with capped sleeves and a fishtail. I wore a birdcage hairpiece, and had a make up artist to do retro style make up with bold red lipstick and nails.
Wedding Shoes DetailsMy shoes were silver peep toe Jenny Packham at Debhanams and were very comfortable!
Wedding Flowers DetailsMy Mum wanted to help so offered to make my floral centre pieces, my colour scheme was lilac, cream and green. She used cream bird cages, filled them with oasis sponge then got a load of cheap bunches of mixed flowers in my colours and poked the flowers through the bars of the cages, they looked lovely, so much so that half of them had "disappeared" by the end of the evening.
More Wedding Planning TipsSign Up To Our Newsletter For Regular Wedding Planning Tips